Compromises in the application layer are now responsible for 40% of breaches. Two years ago that was 24%. Obviously, time to pay attention to application security. OWASP will give you a running start with their Top 10.
Why use OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities?
Imagine if a dozen of the top cybersecurity experts in the world reviewed your software for security problems. Since application security is generally not well covered in university, college, and bootcamp software courses, it’s likely they would probably find a lot of problems!
Of course, hiring even 1 security expert to review your work is out of reach for a lot of software teams – let alone 12 experts. But you can do the next best thing, you can check out the OWASP Top Ten 2021: https://owasp.org/Top10/
What is the OWASP Top 10 list?
The OWASP Top 10 is an important awareness document for web developers and web application security professionals. It represents a broad industrial consensus from cyber security experts about the most critical security risks to web applications.
OWASP Top-10 in-depth
This webinar provides defensive instruction in relation to the OWASP Top Ten to aid developers in authoring secure software. Jim Manico and Julius Musseau covered the OWASP Top-10 (2021 Edition) in-depth:
- A01:2021-Broken Access Control
- A02:2021-Cryptographic Failure
- A04:2021-Insecure Design
- A05:2021-Security Misconfiguration
- A06:2021-Vulnerable and Outdated Components
- A07:2021-Identification and Authentication Failures
- A08:2021-Software and Data Integrity Failures
- A09:2021-Security Logging and Monitoring Failure
- A10:2021-Server-Side Request Forgery
About the panellists:
- Founder, CEO, and Lead Instructor, Manicode Security.
- OWASP Former Global Board Member
- Project Leader of the OWASP ASVS Project
- Project Leader of the OWASP Cheatsheet Series
- Co-Founder and CTO, MergeBase
Still interested in learning more? Check other webinars.