Compromises in the application layer are now responsible for 40% of breaches. Two years ago that was 24%. Obviously time to pay attention to application security. OWASP will give you a running start with their Top Ten.
Imagine if a dozen of the top cybersecurity experts in the world reviewed your software for security problems. Since application security is generally not well covered in university, college, and bootcamp software courses, it’s likely they would probably find a lot of problems! Of course, hiring even 1 security expert to review your work is out of reach for a lot of software teams – let alone 12 experts. But you can do the next best thing: you can check out the OWASP Top Ten 2021: https://owasp.org/Top10/
The OWASP Top 10 is an important awareness document for web developers and web application security professionals. It represents a broad industrial consensus from cyber security experts about the most critical security risks to web applications. This webinar provides defensive instruction in relation to the OWASP Top Ten to aid developers towards authoring secure software.
This webinar with Jim Manico and Julius Musseau will cover the OWASP Top-10 (2021 Edition) in depth:
- A01:2021-Broken Access Control
- A02:2021-Cryptographic Failure
- A04:2021-Insecure Design
- A05:2021-Security Misconfiguration
- A06:2021-Vulnerable and Outdated Components
- A07:2021-Identification and Authentication Failures
- A08:2021-Software and Data Integrity Failures
- A09:2021-Security Logging and Monitoring Failure
- A10:2021-Server-Side Request Forgery
About the panelists:
- Founder, CEO, and Lead Instructor, Manicode Security.
- OWASP Former Global Board Member
- Project Leader of the OWASP ASVS Project
- Project Leader of the OWASP Cheatsheet Series
- Co-Founder and CTO, MergeBase